Becoming an event organizer is easy, and anyone can do it! By organizing a Bay State Bike Week event, you play a critical part in promoting bicycling as a means of sustainable and healthy transportation. You will be giving prospective bicyclists a chance to try bicycling and experienced bicyclists a chance to connect with other bicyclists in their community.
What type of event can you host?
The possibilities are endless. Last year, bicycle enthusiasts organized group rides, children’s bike rodeos, bike breakfasts, maintenance workshops, safety classes, film festivals and various other imaginative, bicycle-themed events.
Your event must meet the following criteria to qualify as a Bay State Bike Week event:
- Your event must be free and open to the public.
- Although we love all kinds of active transportation and recreational activities, your event must be bike-related to qualify.
- To get the most of the Bay State Bike Week buzz, you are strongly encouraged to plan your event to happen between May 10th – 18th. Listing of events outside that date range will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
So you’ve planned your event. What now?
- Submit your event to be listed in the Bay State Bike Week calendar! Be sure to provide as much information as you can for those who are looking to participate in Bay State Bike Week events in their community.
- Request free Bay State Bike Week stuff for your event! You can request t-shirts, bike bells, and ankle reflectors. Please note: the materials request form is closed as of May 5.
- Register yourself or your company for the MassCommuter Challenge to track your miles and win prizes!
- Promoting your event? Use the official 2014 Bay State Bike Week logo on your printed and web material.
- Download and print bike safety information to distribute at your event.